||The Computer Genealogy Society|
of San Diego (CGSSD)
"That all genealogists become computer genealogists."
GENEALOGY EVENTS, CLASSES, OPPORTUNITIES
SAN DIEGO COUNTY AREA
All events are open to the public, at no charge unless otherwise
Compiled by Joan Lowrey. Presented here by permission. Any comments, questions, corrections, additions, etc., please contact Joan at email@example.com
- • The San Diego Family History Center will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday from November 34 through December 1 and for the Christmas holidays from December 21 through January 5.
- • Jan. 23, 2015 for early-bird pricing at RootsTech, being held Feb. 11-14 in Salt Lake City.
- Shared Presentation
- Gary Hoffman's CGSSD presentation on Cloud Genealogy, presented at the October mini-Fair. The presentation is linked to Gary's Google Drive.
Copy this link and paste into your browser:
- NOT MEETING
- • Not meeting in December:
• The Chula Vista Genealogical Society's Computer Group.
• The San Diego Genealogical Society's RootsMagic User Group.
• The Computer Genealogy Society of San Diego.
- COMING EVENTS
- The EVENTS section displays events occurring within the next 60 days. Major events -- local and nationwide -- occurring more than 60 days from today are the following:
• Feb. 11-14, 2015 - RootsTech Conference. Salt Palace Convention Center, 100 South West Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah. Early-bird pricing will be offered until January 23, 2015. Get all details and register now at rootstech.org.
• Mar. 7, 2015 - Escondido California Stake. Escondido Family History Fair. Contact: Anne Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org. http://www.escondidofhc.com/.
• Mar. 14, 2015 - Annual ROOTS Conference in Los Angeles, for African American genealogy. Info: Margaret Lewis, 619-262-5810, email@example.com.
• Mar. 21, 2015 - North San Diego County Genealogical Society. Spring Seminar. Speaker: Judy Russell, the Legal Genealogist.
• June 4-7, 2015 - Southern California Genealogical Society. Watch for details at http://genealogyjamboree.com/.
Fri., December 19, 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - SAN DIEGO GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY. Writer's GroupPresenter: Diane Altona.
Location: San Diego Family History Center / FamilySearch Library, 4195 Camino del Rio South, San Diego (Mission Valley)
Sat., January 3, 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - CHULA VISTA GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY. WorkshopTopic TBD, presented by Susi Pentico.
Location: Community Rm., Bonita-Sunnyside Library, 4375 Bonita Road, BonitaContact: Susi Pentico, firstname.lastname@example.orgEvent URL: http://www.cvgenealogy.org
Sat., January 10, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - SAN DIEGO GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY. Luncheon SeminarD. Joshua Taylor, MA, MLS will the be the speaker at the January 10th, 2015 Annual Meeting at Marina Village. Josh is the president of Federation of Genealogical Societies and a researcher and advisor on the television programs Genealogy Road Show and Who Do You think You Are?. See http://casdgs.org/ for a link to the online registration and payment option. A Mail-in Registration Form can also be found there. Members $40 and non-members $50; includes four sessions by our speaker as well as the welcoming coffee/tea and pastries and a sandwich box lunch. We have invited Elijah's Catering as a new partner to provide coffee/tea and boxed lunches. Marina Village has free parking. Please register early as seating is limited. We expect the seminar to fill rapidly.
Location: Marina Village—Captain’s Room, 1936 Quivira Way, San Diego, CA 92109 Contact: Regina Gigl, 858-627-9803, email@example.comEvent URL: http://casdgs.org/
Tue., January 13, 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - NORTH SAN DIEGO COUNTY GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY. Computer GroupNSDCGS Computer Oriented Genealogy Group (COGG). Francie Kennedy will present “Advanced Google Tools for Genealogists.” Most of us barely scratch the surface of what Google can do. Have you made a family map showing migration routes and everywhere your families have lived, over time? Cataloged all of your books in a format you can access remotely from a book sale, (so you don’t wind up with three copies at home)? Have you found an image of a historic postcard of Main Street in that town to use as an illustration in your family history? This session will guide you toward finding many things Google can do beyond the basic search function we all use.
Francie is a 4th generation Californian, and studied English and biology at Pomona College in Claremont. She is currently the president of the South Orange County California Genealogical Society (term ending December 2014). Historical research is her passion.
Location: Carlsbad City Council Chambers, 1200 Carlsbad Village Dr., CarlsbadContact: Pam Boyle, firstname.lastname@example.orgEvent URL: http://nsdcgs.org/
Wed., January 14, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - CHULA VISTA GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY. Research GroupGenealogy news and research questions.
Location: Conference Room, Chula Vista Civic Center Branch Library, 365 F Street, Chula VistaContact: Randy Seaver (email@example.com), 619-422-3397, www.cvgenealogy.orgEvent URL: http://www.cvgenealogy.org
Sat., January 17, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - COMPUTER GENEALOGY SOCIETY OF SAN DIEGO. Meeting9:00: User groups: TBA
10:00: Break, refreshments.
10:20: Announcements followed by program: TBA
Location: Robinson Auditorium complex at UCSD, La Jolla. See a link to maps on our home page at www.cgssd.org.Contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgEvent URL: http://www.cgssd.org
Wed., January 21, 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. - CHULA VISTA GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY. Computer GroupComputer help and online genealogy resources.
Location: Computer Lab, Chula Vista Civic Center Branch Library, 365 F Street, Chula VistaContact: Shirley Becker (email@example.com), 619-420-0409, www.cvgenealogy.orgEvent URL: http://www.cvgenealogy.org
Wed., January 28, 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. - CHULA VISTA GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY. Program MeetingShort business meeting, speaker presentation, snacks. Program: "USS Midway Museum" with Dick Walker.
Location: Auditorium, Chula Vista Civic Center Library, 365 F StreetContact: Ralph Munoz, firstname.lastname@example.orgEvent URL: http://www.cvgenealogy.org